Kathmandu BernHardt College of Social work offers a unique program that blends innovation and practice. The content we discuss in the classroom and in field settings- and the methods we teach you to use as a practitioner- are evidence- based and validated by best practices. If you want to top – notch academic experiences and the confidence- and the professional network- you need to be an effective, accomplished practitioner, Kathmandu BernHardt College is your destination.
BA BSW degree comprises the following four separate and distinct course components:
1. A strong foundation in allied areas of Societies such as language, castes, gender issues, marginalized peoples, indigenous group, culture, tradition, ethnicity, economic analysis, legal environment and quantitative methods to prepare the graduates to understand, analyze and comprehend the societies concepts, theories and practices.
2. Core Social studies encompassing and integrating all functional areas to provide graduates with an appreciation of the diversity and inter-relationship of society and social issues.
3. The opportunity to concentrate in one area of specialization such as gender issues, environmental, women empowerment, income generation, deprived and marginalized peoples, indigenous group, social organization, Social organization, Social Policy and Evaluation, Community Organization, Management of Human Services, Children and Youth in Families and Society, Health and Mental Health Society, Community and Social Systems, International Social Welfare and Services to immigrants and Refugees and so on in order to provide graduates with some degree of functional expertise.
4. The opportunity to choose any sectoral social area such as
-Contemporary Social Issues,
- Health, Mental Health and Disabilities
- Family, Youth and Children Services
- School – Based and School- Linked Services
-The World of Work
- International Social Welfare and Services to Immigrants and Refugees, as an elective course to enable graduates to apply the core and functional knowledge and skills in their chosen sector of society.
Why Study BA BSW at BernHardt?
Proven Academic Excellence
Displaying proven academic performance with excellent TU results
Social Organization Interaction
Guest lecture series and interaction with renowned social work activities, motivator and renowned personalities from different social organizations
Renowned Faculty Members
Owning highly experiences, dynamic, dedicated and renowned faculty members imparting their experiences
Perfect Teaching Methodology
Adopting perfect teaching methodology by the insertion of theoretical and practical approaches aided with classroom presentation, research and project work.
Monthly Guest Lectures
Motivational, monthly guest lecturers from experts to assist to explore a deeper knowledge further
Frequent Exams and Assessment
Assessing performance appraisal through frequent exams including unit tests, term exams and prompt feedback
Blending of prescribed curriculum with time tested supplementary courses to prepare a competent personality for the society need.
Perfect Academic Environment
Maintaining peace and calm environment enhancing academic environment and enabling the learning process
BernHardt differentiates itself as an institution that is continually renewing and transforming itself to meet the changing needs of students. It realizes the truth that students of today are in fact the leaders of tomorrow. In order to empower our students to achieve professional and personal success in a diverse global society, college has developed a culture to avail comprehensive socio- management supportive educational experiences for the holistic development of students through different trainings. These trainings are yet other most-sought for social activities of BernHardt which benefitted many students in the past. The college is aspiring as well as committed to provide relevant training and development programs as and when the need is felt besides desire of students.
Synopsis of supplementary Courses
BernHardt realizes the importance of social study and helps to enforce the strength of this study so as to our young aspirants. To achieve this nobal objective, BernHardt is committed to equip students by supplementary Courses in a structured way.
Writing Skill Boost up Training
Time Management Training
Leadership and Personality Development Training
Workshop on Current Social Issues
Proposal Writing/ Report Writing
Research and Internships
Eligibility for Admission
The candidate must have successfully completed the certificate level or + 2 in any field or/ and equivalent course from a Higher Secondary Education Board ( HSEB), or from any other University / Board recognized by TU or + 2 program securing at least 50 percent marks.
Admission procedure to BA BSW program is highly competitive one. The applying need to go through a fair but rigorous selection procedure
BerHardt Admission Application Form
The applicant should fill in the college admission from which is available at the information Desk
The aspiring students need to appear for the personal interview along with their parents/guardian
After the successful appearance in the interview, the applicant should enroll by paying the prescribed fee within given time.
----a matter of Self Respect
BernHardt provides the scholarship to the students in need and merit based system to the deserving candidate.
Currently First Year BSW Teacher
1. Mr. Rajendra Adhikari
2. Mr. Ganesh Gyawali
3. Mr. Biswa Abtar Ghale
4. Miss Monika Kshitri
5. Ms Smriti Karanjit Manandhar
6. Mr. Keshav Mishra
7. Mr. Sagar Khanal – Program Coordinator
Curricular Structure of Bachelor in Social Work (BSW)
1.Compulsory English C 201
2.Compulsory Nepali C 201
3.Fundamental of Sociology-1 PHY 311
4.Concepts and Principles of Social Work-1 and Field Work SW 311
1.Compulsory English C 202
2.Methods of Social Work –II SW 312
3.Integrated Social Work Practice SW 313
4.Psychology of Juvenile Delinquency PHY 312
5.Research Methods in Psychology PHY 313
1.Research Methods in Social Work SW 315
2.Development Prospects in Social Work SW 316
3.Social Welfare Administration SW 314
4.Abnormal Psychology PHY 315
5.Industrial and Organizational Psychology PHY 316